- The Tuner and metronome can be used simultaneously or independently; you can practice your pitch and rhythm at the same time.
- Newly designed highly responsive LCD needle-type meter.
- Wide detection range from C1 to C8.
- The Sound Out function produces a reference tone in a three-octave range from the built-in speaker.
- The Sound Back function generates the reference tone that’s closest to the input sound, while the meter indicates the pitch discrepancy between the reference and the input sound - a great function for ear training!
- Calibration supports a range of concert pitches.
- Marks indicate pure major and minor third intervals.
- A wide tempo range of 30-252 beats/minute.
- 15 rhythm variations let you practice with a broad range of musical styles.
- Easy tempo settings with two types of tempo step patterns plus a tap tempo function.
- Large LCD with backlight brightness that’s adjustable over two levels for enhanced visibility.
- Even more compact and lightweight
- Newly designed stand and battery cover for enhanced usability.
- Memory Backup and Auto Power Off.
Tuner delivers outstanding functionality
Newly designed needle-style LCD meter with excellent response and wide detection range
The TM-50 features extremely fast response to audio input from wind and other instruments, and the redesigned meter display method allows the pitch to be accurately and instantly shown without any time lag. Wind players will no longer experience the problem of their pitch changing spontaneously before it can be displayed accurately; this ensures that you'll be able to develop stable and drift-free pitch.
The detection range is extremely wide, extending from C1 (32.70 Hz) to C8 (4186.01Hz) which covers the note ranges of wind, string, and most other types of instruments. Even potentially difficult instruments that have a low pitch and numerous overtones can be tuned accurately, thanks to Korg's proprietary high-precision technology. The built-in high-sensitivity mic also allows easy and accurate tuning of acoustic instruments such as guitar and ukulele; alternatively, you can use the separately sold CM-100L contact mic to send the vibrations directly to the tuner for even greater reliability.
The Sound Out function produces a reference tone from the internal speaker
In addition to visual tuning using the meter, you can use the Sound Out function to produce a reference tone from the internal speaker or headphones, and tune by ear. You can specify the reference tone in a three-octave range from C3 (130.81 Hz) to C6 (1046.50 Hz) which covers a wide variety of instruments.
In response to the audio input, the Sound Back function plays the nearest reference tone from the speaker while showing the discrepancy in the meter - ideal for developing your sense of pitch
The tuner can be used not only to detect and inform you of pitch discrepancies, but also as a tool that helps you develop the ability to hear and produce the correct pitch. That's why the TM-50 provides the proprietary Sound Back function* that until now has been featured only on Korg's high-end tuners. Detecting the pitch of your audio input, this function sounds the nearest reference tone from the speaker while the meter shows the pitch difference between your input and the reference tone. Since the pitch is indicated in both visual and audible form, this not only allows you to tune more accurately, but is also an ideal method for training your sense of pitch. Developing your ear in this way is an indispensible way to practice, especially for the beginner.
*This function is available for input via the INPUT jack or when using earphones.
Marks indicate pure major/minor third intervals
When performing in a brass band or orchestra, incorrect pitch is particularly noticeable for harmonic intervals of a third, yet by slightly skewing the pitch of a major or minor third interval from the equal-tempered pitch, you can obtain a more pure-sounding harmony that satisfies the ear. The meter scale of the TM-50 provides marks that indicate pure major and minor thirds relative to a given pitch; simply by tuning. When the needle aligns with the appropriate mark*, you'll be able to produce beautiful harmony when playing in an ensemble. This is extremely convenient not only for wind instruments, but also for vocal or a cappella practice.
*When tuning to a pure major or minor third, the note that should be adjusted will depend on the music you're playing.
Metronome provides convenient options for
practicing a variety of music
Fifteen rhythm variations let you practice a broad range of musical styles
Fifteen types* of rhythms are built in, including time signature numerators from 0 through 9, duplets, triplets, triplets without the center beat, quadruplets, quadruplets without the center beats. The tempo can be freely set in the range of 30--252 beats per minute. Sophisticated rhythms such as triplets and quadruplets with the center beats omitted can be useful for a diverse variety of styles including classical, rock, and jazz. The volume can also be adjusted, so you'll be able to use the metronome in any situation from personal practice in a small room to rehearsals in a studio.
*If you're using the tuner and metronome simultaneously, triplets, triplets omitting the middle beat, quadruplets, and quadruplets omitting the center beats will not be available.
Easy tempo settings with two types of tempo step pattern plus a tap tempo function
When setting the tempo, you can choose either ""pendulum steps"" where the tempo will increment or decrement in the same numerical steps as on a mechanical metronome, or ""full steps"" which allows you to specify any tempo between 30 and 252 in one-step increments. In addition, you can also use the tap tempo input to specify the desired tempo simply by pressing a switch in time with the beat.
Enhanced visibility provided by a large LCD with a backlight adjustable in two levels
The large LCD display has a backlight that lets you adjust the brightness in two levels. In conjunction with the LED guide at the top of the display, this ensures excellent visibility, even when you're performing on a dim stage or in an orchestra pit. The characters shown in the display are also larger for improved readability.
Even more compact and lightweight, and available in two choices of body color
For the body color, you can choose either cool black or fresh pearl white. The TM-50 is even more compact and lightweight than previous models, and also boasts longer battery life. Attention has been paid to every detail, even including the back cover, and a newly designed folding stand is provided for stability in a free-standing position. The new battery cover is now unified with the main case, eliminating any possibility of loss.
Memory Backup and Auto Power-Off
Even when you turn off the power, the TM-50 will remember the tempo, beat, rhythm, calibration, and reference tone settings that you've specified (these settings will be initialized when you replace the battery). The Auto Power-Off feature will automatically turn off the power if twenty minutes have elapsed without any sound being input to the tuner while the metronome is not running.
- 12 note equal temperament
- Detection Range
- C1 (32.70 Hz) ~ C8 (4186 Hz), Using Sine Wave.
- Reference Tone
- C3 (130.81 Hz) ~ C6 (1046.50Hz), 3 Octave.
- Tuning Modes
- Meter Mode (AUTO), Sound Out Mode (MANUAL), Sound Back Mode (AUTO)
- 410 ~ 480 Hz (1 Hz steps)
- Detection Accuracy
- +/- 1 cent
- Sound Accuracy
- +/-1 cent
- Tempo Range
- Quarter Note = 30 to 252 BPM
- Tempo Setting
- 3 Types:Pendulum Step, Full Step, Tap Tempo
- Time Signatures
- Total 15 (0 - 9 beats, duplets, triplets, triplets without the center beat, quadruplets, quadruplets without the center beats)
- Tempo Accuracy
- Input (φ6.3mm, Mono-Standard Jack type), Headphones (φ3.5mm, Stereo-mini Jack type)
- Internal Speaker
- Dynamic Speaker (φ23 mm)
- Power Supply
- AAA battery (3.0 V) x 2
- Battery Life
- Tuner: Approximately 70 / 44 / 26 hours (Backlight: off / soft / auto, continuous A4 input, using manganese dry cell)
Metronome: Approximately 55 / 35 / 22 hours (Backlight: off / soft / auto, tempo 120, 4-beats, maximum volume, using manganese dry cell)
(W x D x H)
- 111 x 74 x 18 mm / 4/37 x 2.91 x 0.71 inches
- 106g / 3.74oz (Including battery)
- Color Variations
- Black (TM-50-BK), White (TM-50-WH)
- AAA battery (3.0 V) x 2 for verifying proper operation
|*Even if a sound is within the detectable pitch range, detection may be unsuccessful for instrumental sounds that contain a large number of overtones or that decay rapidly.
* All products names and specification names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
* Appearance and specifications of products are subject to change without notice.