Brand new PRS McCarty 594 Soapbar Ten Top in McCarty Sunburst in Hard Case. Free Insured Shipping Australia Wide and it will go through our GEniuS™ Guitar Enhancement System with PLEK before shipping out.
PRS Guitars is proud to offer the acclaimed McCarty 594 and McCarty Singlecut 594 with PRS/Seymour Duncan Soapbar pickups. McCarty 594 models were designed to rival the best vintage instruments, meticulously spec’d with a 24.594” scale length, Pattern Vintage neck carve, tweaked Phase III locking tuners with modified collars and set screws, and a two-piece zinc bridge. Soapbars are one of the most classic pickup designs and add another tonal option for players that is at once incredibly familiar and effortlessly playable. For this PRS/Seymour Duncan collaboration, we started with the Seymour Duncan Antiquity P90 for its sweet, vintage growl and cool, gritty sparkle. However, we modified the pickup slightly so it sits at the proper height in our cavity design. Like with original Antiquity pickups, chords sound full and round, while single notes sing sweetly. A relatively low output pickup, these soapbars have a many usable voicings by simply adjusting your volume and tone controls.
A few key specifications that contribute to the McCarty 594’s tone and feel are:
- A 24.594” scale length, just slightly longer than 24.5” and where the model gets its name.
- PRS/Seymour Duncan Soapbar pickups.
- 2 volume and 2 tone controls positioned so players can roll off both volume knobs at the same time.
- The added versatility of push/pull coil taps for each pickup for more tonal options
- A Pattern Vintage neck carve, which shares the same width measurements as PRS’s Pattern neck but is slightly thicker front to back and features an asymmetrical carve with a little less meat on the treble side and a little more meat on the bass side of the neck.
- Tweaked Phase III tuners have an added set screw that pulls the tuner’s gear and worm together (while “locking” over the worm to prevent slipping) to promote tone transfer from the string directly into the guitar with as little energy as possible being detracted. (The tuner functions identically to standard Phase III tuners for re-stringing. Set screws must NOT be adjusted outside of the PRS factory. Making any adjustments to this feature may cause the tuner to stop functioning properly.)